Wednesday 1 February 2012

"Arts & Crafts" - Surge of Creativity


I've been busy gathering lots of great ideas from the www recently - my new-found love is Pinterest . So much inspiration, so little time. I've made my own little creative contribution though, in the form of some DIY art work.

Here's what I've come up with so far. The pics are all for a gallery wall I want to create in the Den, so I've still got to figure out the colour-scheming. (Don't gasp in shock) It's going to have a multicoloured theme (inspiration taken from this Kandinsky print). Hopefully despite how it sounds it won't be too garish.

It was good to get the basic ideas created (I used Picasa and it was really simple - I'm sure you'd be able to create something even fancier in Photoshop). Thanks to Becca at From Gardners to BergersCape 27Nefotlak and House Dressing for the original inspirations.

I have a thing about &s - we're going to create a display of them on top of our kitchen cabinets - more on that soon hopefully!

I like the "Keep Calm" kind of typograhy but it feels like its getting a little cliched now - this appeals to my sense of humour a bit more!:


My take on eye chart art - it makes me smile:


One of my favourite Scottish words (its a term of endearment even though its slightly mocking):


One of my favourite Scottish sayings (its a Glasgow thing):


A collection of some of my favourite Scottish words - most of  my favourites seem to relate to expressions of stupidity - I've been thinking up words for another version of this... watch this space. How stupid am I though - I didn't include GINGER! Duh!!:


Words from a song by Darren Hayes "So Beautiful" - one of my favourite musicians:


Another of my favourite Scottish words (a tumshie is a turnip which is what we Scots call a swede):


I just thought this was cute:


Hubby's DOB, my DOB and our wedding date - awww:

I wanted to try and have pictures that were quirky and with a bit of a sense of humour and a dash of Scottishness (is that even a word!), hopefully I've achieved that - what do you think?

I'm linking this post up to:


Tuesday To Do Party







Tip Junkie handmade projects   

2 comments:

  1. Fun ideas! Would love for you to stop by and link up to the Tuesday To Do Party if you haven't already!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/tuesday-to-do-part-49-and-48-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Girl you crack me up. Super cute! Thanks for linking this up to my party.

    ReplyDelete