Wednesday 15 February 2012

Organising - Study Desk Drawers (Part 2)

The second drawer in my desk I use to store books that I use frequently, often while I'm having a break from work or when on lunch - there are some that are for daily inspiration and some that are motivational and alternative therapy reference books - which is one of my interests.

It probably seems a bit strange to have a drawer full of books - if you keep reading hopefully it will make some sense.


The books I have in this drawer are:

The Fragrant Pharmacy by Valerie Ann Worwood
The Fragrant Mind by Valerie Ann Worwood
The Fragrant Heavens by Valerie Ann Worwood
Fragrant Sensuality by Valerie Ann Worwood
Everyday Calm by Laurel Alexander
Everyday Confident by Jane Garton
Everyday Happy by Jenny Hare
Everyday Wisdom by Susannah Marriott
Instant Life Coach by Lynda Field
The 10 Minute Miracle by Gloria Rawson & David Callinan
365 Tao by Deng Ming-Dao
Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
Quotes Journal

Longer term the plan is to have these books in the Den, so the books in the drawer is only a "for now" solution. I'd love to have a place I can go to when I'm working from home that feels like a complete break away from work (I don't have long enough most days to go out), somewhere I can relax and read for a while and not get distracted by surfing the net or checking out blogs! So I'm picturing a big squashy Snuggler chair, Expedit bookcase, cushions and a cosy blanket - bliss! You can see my ideas on my Ideas - Den board on Pinterest. 

So while the Den is a war zone, this solution works - too much of life seems to be spent with technology so its nice to be able to go old-school again and it keeps me reading while so much of my reading material isn't readily accessible. I already mentioned in this post, my solution for access to fictional books.

Once the books have been moved from the drawer it will then be used for storing my Household Manual/Mission Control stuff. At the moment this doesn't have a proper home and its a work-in-progress to get a proper system sorted. I was keeping it in the kitchen but I think it needs to be in the study as a lot of info is held electronically so I need access to the laptop when I'm working on it and that's not so practical in the kitchen.

Part Three coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment