Tuesday 7 February 2012

Organising - Jewellery

I'd been struggling with how to organise jewellery that I wear on a regular basis but have come up with a couple of ideas that are working for me:


On the left are Ljust Storage Pots from Ikea - they are from the kitchen section but I spied them and thought they'd work for me. In the top one there's a couple of watches and black pearls that I wear on a regular basis and in the bottom two more costume beads and bangles that I wear less often.

On the right is a ceramic egg container again for the kitchen (I got it from a local hardware shop) but I got the idea from the lovely Jen at IHeartOrganising. I keep the watch, earrings, necklace and rings that I wear almost daily in there. For work I'm a bit of a creature of habit and I don't mix it up too much on the jewellery front.

I don't have the ideal spot for these guys at the moment as we're in the middle of redecorating the bedroom. For now they're tucked in a handy drawer but I'm thinking of an armoire for the bedroom to hold all my girly accessories, so these would sit on a shelf in the armoire nice and handy.

I also have an oak jewellery box that holds all my decent jewellery plus a cufflink box that holds all my beads and charms (a post on that another day I think) that I don't wear that often (plus they're away in storage while we're decorating) so its nice to have some girly goodness nearby, especially in the midst of al this chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment