Monday 6 February 2012

Our Home - Books in the Hall

Hi, my name's Wee Shug and I'm a bookaholic:


I LOVE books, I love the feel of books, I love the smell of books, I love wasting hours in a book shop finding books and I love wasting hours reading and getting lost in books.

But I get too attached to them. They're like old friends - I remember when I bought them, they evoke memories of the time in my life when I read them and they remind me of the people who gave me them.

But as you can see from the pic above it is getting out of hand, even I have to admit that. This is a pile of books in our hall that we don't have space for in the den because the bookshelves are all full.

So, they have to go. I have to get tough. I have decided I will only keep those that I know I want to keep for sentimental reasons because they have a particularly evocative meaning either of the time when I read them or because of who gave them to me. Otherwise they are out of here!!

I then have to tackle the same scale of mountains that are in the bookcases in the Den - wish me luck I am going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment